Job Title: Senior Program Manager
Location: Washington DC
Clearance requirement: Eligibility for a Security Clearance
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Senior Program Manager (PM) will lead a strategically important area of our business. This role will work to facilitate the customized implementation of all small, medium, and large/complex technical services including application, infrastructure integration and operations projects spanning multiple products and services, by directing cross-functional teams representing multiple departments in the execution of implementation activities. The PM will serve as project lead and single point of contact to our partners and customer for all qualified initiatives.
You will be the key on-site 1901 Group resource and customer liaison to coordinate and successfully deliver on our technical strategy and solutions including delivering creative solutions in a fast-paced agile development environment as well as using your strong project management skills to shepherd these deliverables from definition to deployment.
- Work closely with management to understand project/task/ticket backlog and prioritization.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders and strategic partners to determine project scope, functional requirements and a strategy that meets our customer's needs while satisfying "scalability", reliability, performance, and resource constraints.
- Collaborate with internal designers, developers, and testers to identify and define feature details.
- Work with developers, testers, and operations during implementation in order to get features released to live site and drive problem resolution once the new feature/service has gone live.
- Assign priorities to multiple competing activities quickly and effectively, balancing short- and long-term needs.
- Effectively manage trade-offs between cost/schedule versus business benefit.
- Facilitate critical trade-off decisions between investment, schedule, and customer benefit; and assist in driving problem resolution as needed.
- Manage project schedules, budget, issues, and risks; and regular status reporting.
- Produce highly-accurate schedules for large and complex projects; and drive execution, on time and on budget.
- Lead and influence assigned project team to improve their development/delivery/ implementation process.
- Understand and actively advance best practices (e.g. ITIL, Agile/Scrum, and Continuous Improvement/Delivery).
- Decrease team support cost through process engineering, training, and metrics tracking.
- Provides overall technical, operational and fiscal direction during the project life cycle by developing comprehensive project plans to include both long and short range goals and milestones.
- Directs several project teams to complete milestones within specified budgets.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 10 or more years substantiated successful program management experience within a technology environment, with a progressive record of successful delivery of complex technical systems and/or services.
- Proven project management experience with large network implementations
- WAN, LAN, IPT, and Network Security is a strong plus
- Proficiency with project management tools (MS Project)
- Proficiency with MS Office suite, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Recent experience in Network Operations
- Ability to consistently leverage work going on in other divisions and/or with other products, to create multiple solutions to complex problems; and make recommendations even when confronted with incomplete data.
- Ability to apply insights from other areas to solve problems effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to independently make good decisions related to own work stream based on incomplete or imperfect information and an awareness of the budgetary impact of their decisions.
- Ability to readily and easily switch gears in response to unexpected events and circumstances.
- Ability to mentor others through periods of change in the strategy, or organization.
- Must be a self-starter and detail oriented.
- Ability to creatively solve challenging business/technology problems.
- High degree of competency with project management including: issue and risk identification and management, tracking dependencies and milestones, and communication of overall project status.
- Experience gathering business requirements and turning them into detailed functional design specifications.
- Experience managing a portfolio of projects.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
Required: PMP Certification
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.