Customer Success Manager 3
The Client Service Manager (CSM) position is pivotal in the delivery of services to a portfolio of Equinix clients. The CSM drives collaboration with client and internal cross functional teams to manage client implementations and meet client requirements timely and efficiently. The CSM also owns and manages a very broad range of account and service related client questions, requests, and issues to resolution.
The CSM manages the on-going customer service relationship and serves as the primary point of contact through the client lifecycle. The CSM is the client advocate, responsible for the overall satisfaction of clients.
The portfolio of clients for the CSM position is generally medium to large in scope/complexity and global involvement is required. Accounts may include agreements to support non-standard billing, operational, and business processes which the CSM is responsible to ensure are carried out according to agreement. The CSM is expected to work independently on both standard and non-standard, complex client requests and issues with minimal management guidance.
- Manages new and existing complex client installations, working cross functionally to deliver services in the agreed upon timeframe and according to client expectations.
- Leads internal collaboration sessions to ensure quality assurance and control during the planning and implementation.
- Responsible for owning and resolving a wide range of standard and non-standard client requests and account issues.
- Proposes and develops solutions cross functionally to solve non-standard client requests.
- Responsible for client satisfaction for a portfolio of clients measured via client surveys and other methodology.
- Understands clients’ footprint and contractual agreement.
- Collaborates with existing clients to gather and understand clients’ requirements for add-on services and independently takes action from opportunity to fulfillment.
- Educates and orients clients in Equinix policies and procedures and client facing support and ordering systems.
- Conducts client meetings and Quarterly Business Reviews.
- Responsible for preparing customized presentation material as required by clients and account team.
- Collaborates cross functionally with other countries and regions in the planning, reporting and delivery of multi-region deployments.
- Demonstrates proper and prescribed use of Equinix systems, tools and processes (e.g. ticketing system, etc.).
- Develops and maintains expertise on Equinix products and services.
- Develops and builds strong relationships with Sales, Operations and other cross functional teams.
- Degree level qualification, preferably in a technical subject, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a CSM equivalent role or prior relevant Equinix experience preferred.
- Experience in a high pressure, customer facing role.
- Proven track record in building positive relationships with clients.
- Experience in a technical industry; preferably IT, telecommunications or data centers.
- Collaborative personality and able to build strong personal relationships.
- Highly organized, with attention to detail and a dedication to resolving issues.
- Calm and effective under pressure. Able to remain professional in high stress situations.
- Able to plan, execute and manage high volumes of work.
- Embraces change.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills are essential.
- Technical aptitude and understanding of the technical service industry preferred.
- Able to interact with all levels of internal and external clients.
- Requires strong analysis, judgment, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Flexible attitude in accepting unique and non-standard solutions.
- Able to train and/or mentor others.
- Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally.