Security and Compliance Senior Analyst
Provide day-to-day support, guidance, project planning and oversight to the North America IBX Operations and Security teams while assuring consistency in meeting performance goals for customer satisfaction, availability, fiscal responsibility, responsiveness and teamwork. Responsible for working cross-functionally with Sales, Client Services, Global Ops, First Level Support, Construction and other internal or external organizations to meet the security need of the business including; RFPs and audits, custom solutions, SPOFs, repair and maintenance, capital projects, training, policies and procedures.
Supports North America IBX Operations and Security teams within the following areas:
- Provide expert level support across all North America IBX Operations regions for security systems.
- Drive changes across all IBXs US-wide to achieve consistent security system solutions.
- Develop and maintain alignment with national and regional executive stakeholders in relation to security systems and policy, strategic direction and future business objectives.
- Manage Operational security functions, business process system solutions including specification standards, data integrity and exception handling.
- Provide recommendations for improvement based on research including new tools, processes and technologies.
- Define, collect, analyze and report to management on US Operational metrics.
- Provide process and system leadership to the security engineers and system administrators who install, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain the security systems for the organization.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to relevant state-of-the-art technology, equipment, and/or systems, including lifecycle analysis.
- Recommends alterations to design, development, implementation and analysis to improve quality of products, new technologies, and/or procedures.
- Responsible for the coordination and completion of security projects, sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors and summarizes progress of project.
- Plans and coordinates project scheduling, budgeting, and administrative tasks.
- Facilitates projects by conducting meetings, recording meeting minutes/action items, and performing basic follow-up
- Research and analyze data to evaluate operational difficulties and make recommendations to solve problems.
- Identifies, analyzes, and monitors issues that affect profitability, growth, and productivity
- Manage lists, libraries and related workflow.
- Serves as the content owner for the North America security staff and systems standard operating procedures (SOPs). Collects recommendations/input from cross-functional groups to keep SOPs current.
- Maintains sites security drawings and product data information.
- Authors a variety of technical security documentation including procedures, articles, reports, and/or user manuals.
- Adheres to publishing procedures to ensure all documentation is deployed according to established change control processes.
- Develops methods and materials for training security teams and may prepare curriculum's including lectures, ideas for group discussions, demonstrations, and workshops.
- Identifies and communicate industry standards with the leadership team to develop and implement new security standards within the company.
- Extensive knowledge of security systems including: Access Control, CCTV, Telecommunications and Internet Technologies required.
- Must be a highly organized, self-motivated and positive team player with demonstrated ability to provide effective oversight and systems management, development and follow-up to prompt closure on security initiatives, plans and solutions.
- Requires the ability to perform physical tasks as-needed to complete special projects within a datacenter environment, such as access control and CCTV system installation; lifting heavy spools of cable; pulling cable through overhead cable trays; and/or installing cage mesh.
- Must be able to work independently, make timely decisions, and manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Ability to work in a supervisory role and lead the team on various operational projects.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills, and ability to use Microsoft Office Suite, AutoDesk REVIT, AutoCAD and SketchUp with proficiency.
- Required to travel extensively across all Equinix operating sites within America for up to several weeks at a time as-needed for installations, support, follow-ups, and training.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in security systems maintenance, operations and vendor management field or 8 years’ experience in the aforementioned.
- Current certification with a major security systems manufacture; preferably Symmetry, Software House, UTC Fire & Security, or Loronix.
- Extensive experience with datacenter skills such as installing/moving equipment and large-scale cabling projects. Requires the ability to design and deploy integrated security systems including software, hardware, network infrastructure, cabling and cable tray solutions.
- 1+ years experience
- Advanced Diploma to a Bachelor's Degree