Senior Federal Contracts Manager
Want to work in Herndon or Culpeper, VA for a truly global California-based technology company?
EQUINIX IS HIRING!! SENIOR FEDERAL CONTRACTS ADMINISTRATOR!!
Our global legal team may span 4 continents, but we are One Legal - a true team working together across borders in support of our shared strategic objectives. We work hard but take time to celebrate our accomplishments – both professional and personal, with a healthy dose of fun thrown in along the way. We look forward to coming to work each day to support Equinix and each other and highly value the “team first” culture we have created. We are proud that our collective efforts led to Equinix One Legal being named as one of the Top Innovative Law Departments in North America by Financial Times (FT, December 2015).
Equinix is the largest provider of co-location data center services in the world! The One Legal team at Equinix is seeking a Senior Federal Contracts Administrator with a current TS-SCI clearance to support Equinix’s growing Federal business.
- Provide guidance to department personnel on the handling of particular customer contracting issues.
- Understand, adhere to, and promote company ethics and compliance policies.
- Communicate and correspond directly with customer contracting officials.
- Manage active contracts and engagements. Act as liaison with Equinix Federal Sales Account Executives and Equinix Fed PMs to ensure compliance with contract terms
- Use functional experience and expertise in the review and administration of NDAs, Teaming Agreements & Subcontract Agreements
- Identification, development and implementation of enhancements to Equinix’s evolving Federal contract policy and processes.
- Conduct proposal preparation including examination of RFP solicitation requirements and estimates, analyzing terms and conditions to evaluate risks to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, customer specifications, and proposal submission.
- Review, improve, and address gap areas in contracting department templates and documents.
- Travel to company locations or customer sites as necessary.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S. Citizenship).
- Perform other duties as required.
- At least ten years of business work experience in directing, managing, or supervising the customer contracting process with the U.S. Government (including formation, negotiation, and administration activities) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Significant experience and familiarity with the U.S. Federal Acquisition Regulation system and all types of contracting procedures is required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a closely related discipline.
- Advanced degrees in contracts management preferred.
- Commercial contracts legal knowledge preferred
- TS-SCI Clearance, with current SSBI
- In depth working knowledge of FAR, DFARS and IC FAR supplements
- Strong knowledge of Commercial Item/COTS in Federal Contracting
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong working relationships, with our external and internal customers
- Analytical approach to problem solving, risk assessment and strategy
- Excellent proposal development skills, strong ability to navigate complex negotiations, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to ‘issue spot’ based on extensive past work experience and formal training received
- Must be a highly organized individual capable of multi-tasking and will be required to manage multiple functions and interact with personnel at all levels of management.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel & Microsoft PowerPoint skills
- Some domestic travel required
- Certified Professional Contracts Manager (“CPCM”) highly desired.