Neustar, Inc. is a leading global information services provider driving the connected world forward with trusted, holistic identity resolution. More information is available at https://www.home.neustar.
R-1542 Principal Identity and Access Engineer (DevOps) (Open)
STERLING - BUILDING 10
Principal Identity and Access Management Engineer - (DevOps) (ForgeRock)
Do you have what it takes to operate in the business of IT security; to be part of the solution that protects, secures, and advances, a firm’s security strategies and technologies? At Neustar, Identity and Access Management (IDM) professionals develop, design, deliver, and support, powerful and complex solutions that establish the firm’s security strategies and technologies for the authoritative access to its enterprise systems and product. This career opportunity is about using your specialized skills and experience to contribute and support an IDM team in a fast paced, DevOps environment. We are excited to bring new talent to our great team and hope that this opportunity interests you!
Here’s what you’ll do:
- Provide advanced level experience with the following:
- Federation standards SAML, OpenID Connect, OAuth, WS-Federation
- Identity Management software such as ForgeRock, OpenAM, OpenIDM, and CA-Siteminder
- LDAP systems including Oracle DSEE and ForgeRock openDJ
- Provide advanced level experience with the following:
- Provide leadership IDM design changes and enhancements for improvements in security, availability, and automation, using tools including Groovy, Java, and Angular.
- Design and develop enhanced user interfaces using AngularJS 4 and Bootstrap.
- Work closely with product and platform teams to engineer and implement cloud security controls with a focus on identity and access management
- Provide support for IDM operations in a 24x7 environment with on-call rotation.
- Applying user and system changes as needed
- Tracking and troubleshooting user issues or tasks and incidents
- Maintaining LDAP, MFA, and SSO environments
- Provide skills and hands-on experience in different web and application servers (Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty, Node.js)
- Extensive experience in MFA technologies using platforms such as ForgeRock, SymantecVIP, and Google Auth.
- Deploy large-scale cloud environments using container and microservice technologies.
- Develop security capabilities in support of DevOps processes.
- Communicate security risks and solutions to business partners, platform & product teams
- Have advanced knowledge in IDM best practices and policies. (e.g. SANs, ISACA, ISC2)
- Provide support for IDM incidents or audits such as Sox, SSAE16,ISO, PCI, FedRamp.
- Create and support security policies, standards, and processes based on Neustar business goals. Create and maintain comprehensive documentation.
- Be able to execute system hardening, configuring, and installing access controls as well as monitoring, HIPS, forensic techniques etc.
- Research new technologies and IDM methodologies
- Prepare trade-off studies and evaluations for vendor solutions.
Here’s what you’ll need to bring with you:
- 8-10+ years-experience in Identity and Access Management function
- Experience with custom development or IAM solutions using AWS integration technologies, including Python, Java/EE, JSON, SAML, XACML, OAuth2, OIDC, and SCIM.
- Real time scalability and highly available solutions leveraging functions like Lambda, AWS Auto Scaling and Cloud Formations.
- Proficient in HTML/CSS, and REST
- Proficient in development languages such as Java, Node.js, Groovy, Python, Ruby etc., and AngularJS4 and Bootstrap frameworks
- Hands-on knowledge on DevOps and Agile methodologies and tools including GIT, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence, SNMP, and Splunk.
- Familiarity with Chef, Kubernetes and Docker deployment environments.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to identify areas of focus and tackle new challenges with or without direction, and ability to use own initiative to solve technical problems.
- Able to convey risk to all levels of the business, from management to operations and development teams.
- Ability to work within a dynamic and fast paced international environment.
- Standardization and simplification in all aspects of work.
- Embrace a culture of continuous service improvement and service excellence
- Strong self-starter with ability to operate independently.
- Excellent oral/written presentation skills with ability to communicate effectively with leadership; proficiency in ability to prepare presentations, analysis reports, and program status reports.
- Must have strong business acumen and ability to work with applications/product and IT teams.
- College degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, vendor certifications and/or other related certifications, a plus.
Neustar does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. Neustar will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Diversity, inclusion and teamwork are second nature to Neustar; and these values permeate our entire business structure. Neustar is committed to creating an environment where a wide spectrum of opinions and beliefs are actively sought, listened to and respected. Further, our talented workforce draws from the many geographic areas and markets in which Neustar operates worldwide, which represents a distinct competitive advantage. The rich and varied personal and professional backgrounds of our employees make Neustar a dynamic and rewarding company at which to build a career. We invite you to join us.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Neustar, Inc. considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with federal law and other state and local requirements. Neustar, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws.