Neustar, Inc. is a leading global information services provider driving the connected world forward with trusted, holistic identity resolution. More information is available at https://www.home.neustar.
R-1670 Proposals Manager (Open)
STERLING - BUILDING 10
Bids & Proposals
Under general supervision of the Director of Bids & Proposals within the Sales organization.
- Oversees the day-to-day management and execution of all proposal activities for specific assigned proposals ranging in size to ensure the on-time delivery of high-quality and fully compliant proposals.
- Responsible for planning and executing all proposal development activities and deliverables
- Plans, executes and manages overall workflow and all proposal development activities and deliverables, including those for color reviews
- Contributes to post-submittal activities
- Applies best practice processes for disciplined and efficient proposal activities, communicating continuously with the Head of Bids & Proposals Group and the proposal team, to ensure professional RFP-compliant proposal documents are developed and delivered on time.
- Customer-satisfaction focused and has the personal initiative, creativity, resourcefulness, integrity, commitment to compliance and problem-solving skills to work independently, while guided by policies and objectives.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develops the proposal management plan (PMP), schedule, RFx/SOW compliance matrix and requirements-driven outline.
- Develops proposal production and delivery plans that minimize risks and provide realistic completion deadlines.
- Maintains proposal process discipline, exercising control over and managing PMPs, communication plans, schedules, and deadlines.
- Provides leadership and oversight of proposal teams of varying sizes.
- Directs team and coordinates with Financial Planning & Analysis and Cost/Price Business Proposal leads.
- Coordinates, organizes, tasks and leads the proposal team from kick-off through proposal submission, to include coordinating and assigning proposal team roles and responsibilities.
- Manage all proposal production with support from graphic artists.
- Responsible for desktop publishing.
- Determines items that are behind schedule; identifies barriers to progress; and plans and implements effective and efficient problem-solving and corrective action plans.
- Captures Lessons Learned to improve the proposal process.
- Must have experience managing short-term teams ranging in size.
- Must have experience in following standardized proposal development processes and procedures and adapting them to specific pursuit delivery needs.
- Must have a high degree of proposal production knowledge and practice to include planning, scheduling, workload and document management.
- Must be skilled in developing proposal schedules and using checklists and action plans to accomplish on-time proposal compliance and delivery; ability to establish, perform work within time-budget parameters.
- Must have excellent organization skills; ability to establish, manage towards and meet deadlines.
- Must have strong inter-personal and team leader skills for developing and maintaining productive proposal teams (to include subcontractors and teaming partners) across multiple support functions, intra-organization cooperation and resources; ability to establish and maintain highly effective internal and external relationships through personal influence; ability to inspire trust and high-performance.
- Must have the ability to leverage enterprise-wide capabilities to meet the B&P Group customers’ requirements competitively.
- Must be skilled at organizing and setting up proposal teams at various sites, and remotely managing project teams when necessary.
- Must have the ability to maintain highest personal ethical standards and ensure that everyone on the proposal team knows and adheres to the Neustar governance and ethics standards.
- Must have superior verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively.
- Must have the ability to brief Head of B&P Group and senior management on plans with a focus on actions to address specific proposal needs and activities.
- Must have the ability to use MS Office Suite software (Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Word) as well as possess basic knowledge of publishing (knowledge of MS Word and Styles).
- Experienced with SharePoint and document collaboration.
- Basic understanding of Neustar’s customer’s environment
- Knowledge of the most effective and efficient proposal tools to facilitate proposal team knowledge sharing.
- Ability to understand Neustar’s solutions and what wins.
- Prior commercial proposal management experience.
- Disciplined in best practices process execution.
- Understanding of project planning and execution (manpower, money and material resources); broader project management experience and skills highly desired.
- Information Research and Management
- Information Gathering
- Knowledge Management
- Schedule Development
- Resource Planning
- Proposal Strategy Development
- Executive Summary Development
- Storyboard Development
- Requirements Identification & Gap Analysis
- Compliance Checklist Development
- Outline Development
- Storyboard Review Management
- Kick-off Meeting Management
- Review Management
- Proposal Risk Management
- Proposal Progress Reporting
- Final Document Review Management
- Production Management
- Lessons Learned Analysis and Management
- Proposal Process Management
- Sales Orientation
- Capture Plan Development
- Winning Strategy Development
- Sales Participation
- Behavior and Attitude
- Communication and Persuasiveness
- Quality Orientation
- Building Strategic Relationships and a Successful Team
- Decision Making and Delegating Responsibility
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Business, Marketing, Engineering or similar disciplines or possess equivalent experience in lieu of a degree.
- Additional industry training (such as that offered by Shipley Associates) in business development/capture management/ proposal management/proposal production preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years experience in proposal management.
- Proposal writing, and editorial experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of document publishing / document management including Adobe Acrobat
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, Box, Salesforce.com, Google Drive preferred
Neustar does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. Neustar will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Diversity, inclusion and teamwork are second nature to Neustar; and these values permeate our entire business structure. Neustar is committed to creating an environment where a wide spectrum of opinions and beliefs are actively sought, listened to and respected. Further, our talented workforce draws from the many geographic areas and markets in which Neustar operates worldwide, which represents a distinct competitive advantage. The rich and varied personal and professional backgrounds of our employees make Neustar a dynamic and rewarding company at which to build a career. We invite you to join us.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Neustar, Inc. considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with federal law and other state and local requirements. Neustar, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws.