Neustar, Inc. is a leading global information services provider driving the connected world forward with trusted, holistic identity resolution. More information is available at https://www.home.neustar.
R-1628 Software Engineer III (Open)
STERLING - BUILDING 10
What you will do at Neustar as a Software Developer:
- Develop Front End or Services as part of an Agile (Scrum/Kanban) team.
- Write own user stories with acceptance criteria
- Write code (Java/J2EE/JS/AngularJS/Spring Framework mostly), Design, Develop, test, and collaborate to get that code into production
- Automate everything - from building (Ant, Gradle and Jenkins/Cloud Bees), testing (JUnit, Cucumber), and deploying (Chef, Ansible,Puppet) services
- Measure health and performance of the services you help build
- Continuously learn new concepts and technologies
- Leverage and contribute to our evolving shared infrastructure
- Lead projects within a service end to end from acceptance criteria writing/grooming, develop, test and deploy
- Work with geo distributed development/testing and operations teams
- Make things better every day
- Four year degree in IT, Computer Science or related field OR equivalent work experience
- 7+ years experience developing GUI applications
- 7+ years experience developing enterprise software and services
- 3+ years experience developing on Unix/Linux
- Experience/Knowledge of Cloud technology preferably AWS (S3,DynamoDB,Cloud formation)
- Demonstrated expertise working with relational databases or unstructured data store technologies (for example: PostGreSQL, MongoDB, Oracle)
- Hands on experience building applications using Java, AngularJS, and Bootstrap
- Experience developing with Java or a dynamic programming languages such as Python
- Experience writing RESTful web services and APIs
- Experience with any of the monitoring solutions such as Monit/Omnicheck/Nagios
- Be able to speak your mind and make a case for your solution to a problem.
- Knowledge of Java
- Knowledge of Python
- Knowledge of SAML
- Experience using JIRA, GIT, Jenkins etc
- Working Knowledge on RDBMS, Oracle/Mysql, Jetty, Tomcat, REST API, Jenkins/Cloudbees, Selenium,Protractor (a plus)
- Knowledge of Networking Concepts.
- Be able to support your own software in Production (Spec,Build,Test,Deploy and Post production on-call)
Neustar does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. Neustar will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Diversity, inclusion and teamwork are second nature to Neustar; and these values permeate our entire business structure. Neustar is committed to creating an environment where a wide spectrum of opinions and beliefs are actively sought, listened to and respected. Further, our talented workforce draws from the many geographic areas and markets in which Neustar operates worldwide, which represents a distinct competitive advantage. The rich and varied personal and professional backgrounds of our employees make Neustar a dynamic and rewarding company at which to build a career. We invite you to join us.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Neustar, Inc. considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with federal law and other state and local requirements. Neustar, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws.