Neustar, Inc. is a leading global information services provider driving the connected world forward with trusted, holistic identity resolution. More information is available at https://www.home.neustar.
R-1644 Sr System/DevOps Engineer (Open)
STERLING - RT3
Neustar is revitalizing its engineering culture and adopting modern software design and delivery techniques. We are looking for intellectually passionate people who learn quickly, thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay current with the latest technologies. We want people who fit our emerging Agile/DevOps culture, enjoy exploring and learning from differing opinions, and have a high level of engagement. Our technology portfolio is expansive and new technologies are added regularly. Candidates must be able to adapt to new technologies quickly. We want someone who will help design, implement, and support the platforms on which we develop software and operate our service.
So what does 'Platform' mean to us? It means the computing services needed to develop, run, and manage applications without the complexity of building and maintaining the infrastructure typically associated with developing an application. So you will make monitoring, deployment, measurement, scaling, network, and troubleshooting easier and more efficient for yourselves and other stakeholders, primarily application development.
Is this you?
- Takes ownership
- Drives for continual improvement
- Curious - investigates new technologies
- Automates everything
- Willing to speak your mind and make a case for your solution to a problem
- Accepts responsibility for end-to-end quality of a service and builds the tools necessary to ensure success.
What you will do at Neustar as a Systems Engineer:
- Be responsible for large scale, customer facing, high availability mission critical applications and systems running across public cloud and multiple data centers worldwide:
- Responsibilities include: Design, plan, deploy, administer and support applications, systems and services in production, lab/test, and development environments; focus will be on application/service availability, latency, performance, automation, change management, monitoring, and capacity planning.
- Automation: Experience in working with modern programing languages (Python/ruby/java/go) and using CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Ansible/Chef/Puppet or Docker to accomplish infrastructure automation
- Comfortable writing complex scripts/services that pull and manipulate data from heterogeneous data sources; REST APIs, databases, Hadoop, flat files, etc.
- Participate in rotational 24x7 on call to support platform infrastructure and applications
- Perform root cause analysis for production and performance problems requiring research into multiple information sources
- Participate in platform and application architecture discussions, ensuring that all architectures support the operational excellence initiatives and will comply with defined KPIs. Analyze disaster recovery scenarios.
- Analyze and resolve complex problems including inter-operability issues, issues caused by hardware or software.
- Partner with internal teams while taking initiative to implement and improve organizational processes and procedures.
- Oversee daily operations of large-scale carrier grade systems; Schedule, document and manage maintenance and troubleshooting procedures as necessary.
- Stays current with IT trends making recommendations for operational efficiency
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or related field preferred but not required
- 5+ years in DevOps, Systems Engineering, or Software Engineering role with experience in planning, integrating and operating carrier or enterprise grade high-availability telecom solutions.
- 2-4 years’ programming experience with one of the Python, ruby, java, go programing languages.
- 2-3 year’s working experience with modern DevOps tool, such as Jenkins, Ansible/Chef/Puppet and or Docker in a CI/CD Environment.
- Experience in managing, deploying, and monitoring services running in a Cloud environment such as Amazon Web Services or Open Stack is a major plus.
- General level of understanding of internet protocols in particular DNS, BGP, UDP, and TCP.
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of IP network architecture and security devices including routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, VPN.
- Must be able to initiate and complete projects with minimal direction and guidance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and incident management skills.
Neustar does not accept unsolicited resumes from external firms or agencies. Neustar will not be responsible for placement fees associated with unsolicited resumes.
Diversity, inclusion and teamwork are second nature to Neustar; and these values permeate our entire business structure. Neustar is committed to creating an environment where a wide spectrum of opinions and beliefs are actively sought, listened to and respected. Further, our talented workforce draws from the many geographic areas and markets in which Neustar operates worldwide, which represents a distinct competitive advantage. The rich and varied personal and professional backgrounds of our employees make Neustar a dynamic and rewarding company at which to build a career. We invite you to join us.
EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability
Neustar, Inc. considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with federal law and other state and local requirements. Neustar, Inc., complies with applicable state and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment and provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws.