Smartronix, Inc., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix has been leading the cloud computing movement since 2009 and has unparalleled expertise providing advanced technology cloud solutions worldwide to Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, Entertainment and Engineering clients, as well as to Federal, State and Local Governments and the DoD. Smartronix is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Partner and a Gold Microsoft Hosting partner with advanced expertise in the strategy, design, implementation and operations of Cloud solutions including hybrid and multi-cloud deployments.
We are seeking a driven and talented Cloud Engineer to join our thriving Cloud Services business unit and work with some of the best Cloud Architects and Cloud Engineers in the market. This individual will bring a passion for technology, a strong technical skill set, and an ability to deploy Production-ready solutions, software and tools for our customers.
The Cloud Engineer is a very hands-on individual. They will assist other team members in the development and deployment of environments for our customers. They will have opportunities to be involved at all stages of a project - covering requirements capture and assessment, cloud services deployment, security and compliance, systems engineering and operational readiness. They will bring not only knowledge of core AWS services but experience performing systems engineering tasks as part of a project team. #CJPOST
- The proactive identification and application of structured systems analysis techniques and procedures to mitigate or resolve customer challenges.
- Direct consultation with users and/or customers in relation to managed systems and requests for technical support.
- Identification and prioritization of events, incidents, requests for technical support, and the continual service improvement of customer environments and infrastructure under management.
- Planning, executing, and leading cross-functional teams in the management, operations, maintenance, and sustainment of technical services across the customer life cycle. Execute and/or engage with ITSM processes such as (but not limited to): Event Management, Incident Response, Request Management, Problem Management, and Change Management.
Specific technical tasks may include, but not be limited to:
- Proactive system administration tasks in support of infrastructure, operations and maintenance activities;
- Analyzes and resolves problems associated with the operating systems, virtual machines, cloud infrastructure, applications, and software (on premise and SAAS);
- Scheduling and performing software installations and upgrades, and maintaining them in accordance with established policies and procedures;
- Performing proactive system testing, operations, administration and maintenance;
- Proactively identify system performance risks and problems, and developing and presenting solutions
- Understand project scope, timelines, and objectives
- Work directly with other team members, customers and key stakeholders
- Take direction from, and provide clear and timely updates to, Project Lead or Project Manager
- Deploy and configure cloud services according to best practice (e.g.: EC2, VPC, IAM, Route53, CloudWatch, KMS, S3)
- Work with Solution Architects to conduct proofs of concept (POCs) and assist in Production implementations
- Assess existing application stacks and suggest cloud native services for applicability
- Assess existing environments for opportunities to simply, automate or bring efficiency to technical processes
- Performing various software installations and configurations (e.g.: cloud native services, commercial tools agents and applications)
- Schedule and perform COTS software upgrades
- Maintain core working hours but remain flexible to needed after-hours maintenance windows (as necessary)
- Be available for on-call support, and able to provide cloud and systems engineering expertise when operational issues or outages are escalated
- Participate as a team player capable of high performance and flexibility in a dynamic working environment
- Take ownership of issues and act with high sense of urgency when required
- Achieve and maintain AWS certifications