Smartronix, Inc., is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering. Smartronix has been leading the cloud computing movement since 2009 and has unparalleled expertise providing advanced technology cloud solutions worldwide to Fortune 1000 Financial, Healthcare, Entertainment and Engineering clients, as well as to Federal, State and Local Governments and the DoD. Smartronix is an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Partner and a Gold Microsoft Hosting partner with advanced expertise in the strategy, design, implementation and operations of Cloud solutions including hybrid and multi-cloud deployments.
Smartronix, Inc., is currently seeking a Cloud Systems Administrator III. The candidate fulfilling this IT operations / engineering position will be capable of independently performing primary duties of the role; planning, executing, and leading cross-functional teams across the IT Service lifecycle; and, representing Smartronix during technical and non-technical customer discussions, events, or forums as required.
The Cloud Systems Administrator III position is a senior technical leadership role within a 24/7/365 IT Operations Center supporting clients deployed within public, hybrid, and private Cloud service infrastructures. The support rendered shall include, but not be limited to: contribution to Service Design, Service Transition, and Continuous Service Improvement activities as required – daily supervision / execution of Service Operations processes.
Successful candidates shall possess the following key competencies.
- Business Results Orientation – Seeks to understand and balance needs of the customers against needs of the business while driving results and ensuring high-quality standards are met.
- Decision Making – Identifies problems and drives towards solutions; considers relative costs and benefits of potential actions; and, takes on responsible roles and accountability for outcomes even when events deviate from plan.
- Learning Agility – Rapidly acquires new knowledge / learns and applies new skills; works productively in uncertain environments where roles and work are not clearly defined; and, identifies opportunities for change and embraces them.
- Process Orientation – Leads and uses resources efficiently; identifies problems / recommends or initiates necessary changes; and actively contributes to development and/or continuous improvement of practices, processes, procedures, and systems to manage work simply.
- Teamwork – Actively promotes and facilitates coordination and cooperation among peers; understands when to step in to a team leadership role; encourages teams to drive towards results and meet goals. Creates new value for the enterprise by encouraging others’ contributions, regardless of their location.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Identification and application of structured systems analysis techniques and procedures to resolve customer challenges.
- Direct consultation with users and customers in relation to managed systems and requests for technical support.
- Identification and prioritization of functional specifications for managed systems, requests for technical support, and the continual service improvement of customer environments and infrastructure under management.
- Planning, executing, and leading cross-functional teams in the management, operations, maintenance, and sustainment of technical services across the customer life cycle. Execute and/or engage with ITSM processes including, but not limited to: Event Management, Incident Response, Request Management, Problem Management, Change Management, and other general service or cloud-specific technical support as required.
- Specific technical tasks may include, but not be limited to:
- System administration tasks in support of operations;
- Take and handle calls from customers for entry into ticketing system;
- Analyzes and resolves problems associated with the operating system’s servers, hardware, applications, and software;
- Scheduling and performing software installations and upgrades, and maintaining them in accordance with established policies and procedures;
- Performing system testing, operations, administration and maintenance;
- Identifying system performance risks and problems, and developing and presenting solutions.
The position is assigned to a 24/7/365 IT Operations Center supporting customer workloads on hyper-scale cloud service providers.
Work will generally be “as directed” within normal business hours. Some shift, overnight, and/or weekend work will be required in support of customers and the business.
1st Shift: 6:00 AM - 5:00 PM
2nd Shift: 2:00 PM - 2:00 AM EST
3rd Shift: 10:00 PM - 8:00 AM EST
The Cloud Systems Administrator III will support a 24/7/365 Operations center than handle calls, tickets, service requests and incident escalation/management
4 + years’ experience with the following:
- AWS and Azure experience
- Directory Services and Group Policy Management
- Infrastructure scripting using PowerShell and Bash Shell
- Patching and Updating deployed hosts using dedicated tools such as IBM BigFix, Windows Software Update Services (WSUS), and / or Linux Repositories
- Management and administration of MS technologies (such as Windows Server, Exchange, IIS, SQL Server, Dynamics, etc.)
- Defining, monitoring metrics, and logging strategies across multiple application, systems and services
- Troubleshooting complex systems
- Experience managing full application stacks from OS up through custom applications
- Experience installing, configuring and maintaining operating systems
- Linux Operating Systems ideal
- Working with firewalls and network administration to include TCP/IP routing and subnets
- Other automation tools and scripting languages such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform, Python, Ruby, Perl, etc. is preferred
- Prior cloud service delivery experience is preferred, but not required
Personal ideal qualities:
- Proactive, self-motivated target driven
- Customer service oriented
- Skills in presenting to / dealing with customers
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Excellent documentation skills and attention to detail
- Ability and willingness to continually learn
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Preferred Certifications; A+, Security+, MCP, MCTIP, VMWARE are preferred. Specific certifications may be required in support of customer contracts.
- 7+ Years’ experience as a Systems Operator or Engineer
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- IT Operations experience (Enterprise or Service Provider) is required
- Ability to obtain a public trust or higher clearance is required