Vaxcom Services, Inc.
Vaxcom Services Inc. (an Xator Corporation National Security Solutions Company) is a niche provider of intelligence related support services. We are recognized experts in Intelligence Community with subject matter expertise in the areas of Technical/IT Services, Operations, and Intelligence Services.
Active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph.
Salary - We offer competitive compensation packages with plenty of opportunity for advancement.
401K Program - Administered through TransAmerica. Full-time employees are eligible on the 1st day of the month following their date of hire. Employees receive an automatic 3% of gross earnings every pay period. Employees are vested immediately.
Paid Time Off - Depending on the position, Vaxcom is able to offer between 15-20 days of leave to new employees. In addition, we recognize 10 paid holidays per year; all of which are floaters and may be taken on its designated date or on any day following.
Health Insurance - Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits start on the employee’s first day of hire. Vaxcom pays for the majority of the cost.
Flexible Spending Accounts – Our FSA allows employees to set aside pre-tax earnings to pay for out-of-pocket medical and dependent care expenses.
Senior Applications Developer Herndon, Virginia
Vaxcom is seeking a quality Applications Developer to develop, enhance and maintain enterprise/departmental IT systems. This position requires in-depth hands on experience developing software in a team environment where customer focus, cooperation, communication and continual trade-craft improvements are the norm.
The successful candidate will design/develop programmatic solution-based systems against customer requirements, write applications in a development environment, create test data, perform multiple tests, deploy to production, and support production systems as needed.
- BS/BA in Engineering, Science, Mathematics or similar OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- At least one year of hands on AWS experience (not just training)
- Experience with Java and Java web technologies
- Experience with Linux
- Experience with Oracle
- Familiarity with Source code management (GitHub/GitLab, Subversion)
- Ability to adapt to a constantly evolving work environment
- Ability to work well with others, independently and in a team
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with testing frameworks (for example: JUnit)
- ExtJS experience
- Experience and familiarity with web services and service oriented architecture (SOA) using REST web services
- DevOps experience
Vaxcom is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
For additional information about Vaxcom Services Inc., Xator Corporation or the position, please email John at email@example.com.