Paragon Communications Solutions, Inc. (PCSI)
Paragon Communications Solutions, Inc. (an Xator Corporation National Security Solutions Company) is a niche provider of strategic tactical field communications, electronic countermeasures, and Counter-Unmanned Aerial Systems capabilities to the Federal Government.
Active TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph is required.
Salary - We offer competitive compensation packages with plenty of opportunity for advancement.
401K Program - Administered through TransAmerica. Full-time employees are eligible on the 1st day of the month following their date of hire. Employees receive an automatic 3% of gross earnings every pay period. Employees are vested immediately.
Paid Time Off - Paragon is able to offer between 15-20 days of leave to new employees. In addition, we recognize 10 paid holidays per year; all of which are floaters and may be taken on its designated date or on any day following.
Health Insurance - Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits start on the employee’s first day of hire. Paragon pays for the majority of the cost.
Flexible Spending Accounts – Our FSA allows employees to set aside pre-tax earnings to pay for out-of-pocket medical and dependent care expenses.
Software Engineer Western Fairfax County, Virginia
PCSI is seeking Battery Engineer candidates.
The Senior Software Engineer will work individually and in a collaborative team-focused environment. Individual will prototype, design, develop and integrate unique solutions to hard problems. Individual will lead parts of software development efforts through all aspects of the software engineering life cycle including scope and work estimation, design, documentation, implementation, testing and integration. Senior Software Engineer will assist in determining and recommending the best designs based on customer business objectives, timelines and other resource constraints.
Software Engineer will:
• Interact with software system engineers and technical team leads to rapidly learn a complex operational system, its subsystems, and components to positively contribute to development
• Determine and communicate system requirements and capabilities in furtherance of the customer’s mission
• Design, develop and document modular, readable, and maintainable solutions to hard problems
• Champion and implement advanced software development practices;
• Recommend and lead changes to development and systems integration that will increase efficiency and development effectiveness
• Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field and experience commensurate with the requested level in software engineering; if no degree, equivalent experience in software engineering;
• 12+ years of verifiable experience independently designing and implementing medium to large-sized software systems and components;
• Five+ years of experience developing in Microsoft C#
• Five+ years of experience working with two or more of the following: Windows Server 2008 R2, Ubuntu Server, Microsoft SQL 2008 R2, VMWare, Windows 7, Microsoft IIS 7.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written media to describe the strengths and weaknesses of software designs and the implementations of those designs;
• Knowledge of Linux operating system (Ubuntu desired) and at least two applications, messaging, or web server systems.
• Proven experience in solving challenging technical problems.
• Senior to expert level knowledge in Microsoft SQL database.
• Ability to demonstrate expert knowledge of networking technologies from the programmer’s perspective.
Paragon Communications Solutions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
For additional information about Paragon Communications Solutions, Inc., Xator Corporation or the position, please email John at firstname.lastname@example.org.